Bug #104973 MANAGEMENT-Server Status break when using Chinese Language Pack
Submitted: 17 Sep 14:02 Modified: 22 Sep 11:58
Reporter: yuguo huang (OCA) Email Updates:
Status: Verified Impact on me:
None 
Category:MySQL Workbench: Administration Severity:S1 (Critical)
Version:8.0.26 OS:Microsoft Windows (Microsoft Windows 10 Pro)
Assigned to: CPU Architecture:Any
Tags: WBBugReporter

[17 Sep 14:02] yuguo huang
Description:
MANAGEMENT-Server Status break
Error Message
Could not acquire management access for administration
RuntimeError:Target host is configured as Windows,but seems to be a different OS,Please review the connection settings.

Also I have found old version of mysql workbench (8.0.22 work) well in my system.
but the lastest version (8.0.26) have this problem.

Sorry,I first Report the problem doesn't clearlfy How to repeat.
I think It's the encoding problem ,only in non UTF-8 system.
please review this Bug,thanks.

How to repeat:
I find this bug only repleat in ​Chinese Language Pack And Set non-Unicode to ZH-CN.

workbench work well in
using English LanguagePack and Set non-Unicode to EN-US.
using English LanguagePack and Set non-Unicode to ZH-CN.
using Chinese Language Pack and Set non-Unicode to ZH-CN,With UTF-8 support.

break in 
using Chinese Language Pack and Set non-Unicode to ZH-CN,Without UTF-8 support.

to repeat the problem.you must use Chinese Language Pack And
set Language for non-Unicode programs to 
ZH-CN 中文(简体,中国)

repeat in workbench:
click MANAGEMENT-"Server Status" will throw error.
Could not acquire management access for administration
RuntimeError:Target host is configured as Windows,but seems to be a different OS,Please review the connection settings.

Suggested fix:
in file os_utils.py

process = subprocess.Popen(command, stdin = subprocess.PIPE, encoding="utf-8", stdout = subprocess.PIPE, stderr = subprocess.STDOUT, shell=True)

            # Sends all the command output to the listener
            if output_handler:
                for line in iter(process.stdout.readline, ""):

change encoding"utf-8" to "gbk" fix problem
[17 Sep 14:03] yuguo huang
non-Unicode_language _setting

Attachment: non-Unicode_language _setting.png (image/png, text), 16.10 KiB.

[17 Sep 14:03] yuguo huang
language _setting

Attachment: language _setting1.png (image/png, text), 43.55 KiB.

[17 Sep 14:04] yuguo huang
workbench_error

Attachment: workbench_error.png (image/png, text), 119.50 KiB.

[17 Sep 14:05] yuguo huang
mysql workbench wb.log

Attachment: wb.log (application/octet-stream, text), 11.62 KiB.

[22 Sep 11:58] MySQL Verification Team
Hello yuguo huang,

Thank you for the feedback.
Verified as described.

Regards,
Ashwini Patil
[7 Oct 12:28] MySQL Verification Team
Bug #105160 marked as duplicate of this one.
[18 Oct 13:25] MySQL Verification Team
Bug #105187 marked as duplicate of this one.