Bug #9464 when converting Access database - no read permission on 'MSysObjects'
Submitted: 29 Mar 2005 18:27 Modified: 26 Apr 2005 18:46
Reporter: john tapper Email Updates:
Status: Closed Impact on me:
None 
Category:MySQL Migration Toolkit Severity:S1 (Critical)
Version:1.0.1 OS:Microsoft Windows (Windows XP)
Assigned to: CPU Architecture:Any

[29 Mar 2005 18:27] john tapper
Description:
when trying to migrate an Access 2000 database, I received an error during reverse engineering.  It read as follows - 
The schema could not be reverse engineered (error: 0).
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'MSysObjects'.
Details: 
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecDirect(Unknown Source)
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
com.mysql.grt.modules.ReverseEngineeringAccess.reverseEngineerViews(Unknown Source)
com.mysql.grt.modules.ReverseEngineeringAccess.reverseEngineer(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
com.mysql.grt.Grt.callModuleFunction(Unknown Source)

How to repeat:
I got it converting any Access 2000 database, regardless of whether I really had permissions or what username I used.
[29 Mar 2005 20:00] MySQL Verification Team
Verified with Access 2003. Even using the Access's security process
the error showed is:

The schema could not be reverse engineered (error: 0).
[Microsoft][Driver ODBC para Microsoft Access] Senha inválida.
Details:
[12 Apr 2005 0:34] Tom Gregory
hi

I had the same thing...

So I gave up and actually watched the tutorial. In in they went into MS acess and went tools -> options, and on the view tab check 'system object'. A bunch of new tables will show up. 

I then had to goto tools -> security -> user and group permissions, the on each of the new tables I had to give it 'administrator' access .
Then everything went great and the tool worked.
TomG
mosh1120@hotmail.com