Bug #68246 "Connection cancelled" immediately when trying to run query browser
Submitted: 1 Feb 2013 16:12 Modified: 26 Jul 2013 19:38
Reporter: Joshua Hillerup Email Updates:
Status: Closed Impact on me:
Category:MySQL Workbench Severity:S1 (Critical)
Version:MySQL Workbench CE for Windows version 5 OS:Windows
Assigned to: CPU Architecture:Any

[1 Feb 2013 16:12] Joshua Hillerup
Whenever I try to connect to this local MySQL server I get "connection cancelled" right away.  I have tried using older versions of the MySQL Workbench that are working on other sites we are using with the exact same MySQL server version, and they work fine.

How to repeat:
Double click or right click and select "Query" on the DB connections screen.  If you try to run a query from the Server Administration screen MySQL Workbench crashes entirely.
[1 Feb 2013 16:19] Joshua Hillerup
Note, there is no firewall software running on this computer, it is connecting locally, and I have tried entering in localhost, and the IP address of the single network adapter the computer has for connection host, all have the same result.
[6 Feb 2013 1:30] MySQL Verification Team
Could you please try version 5.2.46. Thanks.
[5 Mar 2013 21:13] Brian Vogler
Installed MySQL on Windows 8 32 bit it works.  Installed MySQL on Windows 2012 64 bit (Hyper-V VM 180-Day Evaluation Version) I get the problem.  I can connect to local database on the first try but if I try to reconnect I get the "Connection cancelled".  If I reboot the server I can connect again but only once.  Just reboot your computer every time you need to connect to the database, a nice security feature.

I see this problem on VM's running on Virtual Box or Hyper-V.
[25 Mar 2013 17:39] Armando Lopez Valencia
Thanks for your report.
[4 Apr 2013 18:02] Joshua Hillerup
I uninstalled the previous version of Workbench, removed the MySQL Workbench folder from Program Files, and installed the latest version mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.47-win32.msi that I just downloaded.  Same problem still exists.
[26 Jul 2013 19:38] Joshua Hillerup
The workbench beta version 6.0.4 has fixed the issue for me, available from here: