Bug #64130 after manually modifying mem.users to disable LDAP usage I can't enable it again
Submitted: 25 Jan 2012 18:42 Modified: 25 Jan 2012 18:52
Reporter: Simon Mudd (OCA) Email Updates:
Status: Verified Impact on me:
Category:MySQL Enterprise Monitor: Web Severity:S3 (Non-critical)
Version:2.3.8 OS:Any
Assigned to: CPU Architecture:Any
Tags: windmill

[25 Jan 2012 18:42] Simon Mudd
After restarting 2.3.8 on a dashboard configured to use LDAP I forgot that the LDAP servers had changed name. I couldn't login to fix the config. So as suggested I did the following to enable non-LDAP login:

update users set password = md5('<password>') where name = '<username>';
update users set ext_authenticated = + 0 where name = '<username>';

This allowed me to login. However after logging in and adjusting the LDAP servers' hostnames I went to change my user back to use LDAP and got this error. http://merlin.wl0.org/201201/25/screenshot.png
I guess I messed up some of the other fields so I can't now reset the user to be an LDAP user.

How to repeat:
See above.

Suggested fix:
Be more tolerant of odd values retrieved from the database, by all means complain that the received data looks broken, but try to be tolerant of that.