Bug #22403 Lost connection with VFOX calling STORE PROCEDURE several times
Submitted: 15 Sep 2006 18:23 Modified: 8 Dec 2006 15:43
Reporter: Enrique Quintanilla Email Updates:
Status: No Feedback Impact on me:
None 
Category:MySQL Server: Stored Routines Severity:S1 (Critical)
Version:5.0.22 OS:Linux (Suse Linux)
Assigned to: CPU Architecture:Any

[15 Sep 2006 18:23] Enrique Quintanilla
Description:
Calling several times the same SP into a cycle (do while) with VisualFox it lost the connection with the MySQL server. I'm using MySQL Server 5.0.22 , VFOX 9.0 and ODBC Driver 3.5.12, the quantity of time can change but i dont know the reason why, regard.

How to repeat:
lnCon = SQLCONNECT('MySQL')

vueltas = 0

DO WHILE (lnRes1 = 1 AND lnRes2 = 1) OR LASTKEY() = 27
 
	lnRes1 = SQLEXEC(lnCon, "CALL SP_ReporteCalculoTerminacion(3,4,1,2,'2006-01-01',.15,0)", "temp")

vueltas = vueltas + 1

ENDDO		

SQLDISCONNECT(lnCon)

? vueltas
[16 Sep 2006 11:40] Valeriy Kravchuk
Thank you for a problem report. Please, try to repeat with a newer version, 5.0.24a, and inform about the results. In case of similar crashes, please, send complete text of your stored procedure, and SHOW CREATE TABLE results for all tables referenced in it.
[22 Sep 2006 16:47] Enrique Quintanilla
File with the SP and Create Tables

Attachment: 22404.doc (application/msword, text), 192.00 KiB.

[22 Sep 2006 16:48] Enrique Quintanilla
Hi, thanks for your answer i tried with the newest version but the result was the same, i'n attachig the file with the information you request, best regard.
[8 Nov 2006 15:43] Valeriy Kravchuk
Sorry for a delay with this bug. Please, try to repeat with a newer version, 5.0.27, and inform about the results.
[15 Nov 2006 19:09] Kris Michaud
I am having a very similar problem.  It may even be the same problem.  I don't know what the breaking point was though.... 

We have a production 4.0.18 system and a development 5.0.24a (& a 5.0.27) system.  We are trying to phase out the version 4 system.  Currently, we are running both side-by-side.  We have been rewriting a lot of our .NET code to the version 5 system and utilizing Stored Procedures.  This has been working fine for weeks until today!

All our .NET programs that are utilizing the stored procedures are crashing with an error message "Connection Lost".  Even an existing Crystal Report that utilizes a stored procedure is failing; this report was working and has not been changed nor has the stored procedure.  The report will run fine with partial data when the "Call" to the stored procedure is removed.  I have tried recompiling the procedures and even dropping them and re-entering them to no avail.  All this is against the 5.0.24a system mind you.

Finally, I loaded MySQL 5.0.27 on my system.  I copied the database over to my machine, changed the ODBC connection to point to my machine and the same thing is occuring.  

I should mention that all the stored procedures work fine on both machine (5.0.24a & 5.0.27) when run from a mysql command prompt.
[15 Nov 2006 19:10] Kris Michaud
Just to add to my previous comment... this is on Windows 2000 & Windows XP (5.0.24a & 5.0.27 respectivly)
[9 Dec 2006 0:00] Bugs System
No feedback was provided for this bug for over a month, so it is
being suspended automatically. If you are able to provide the
information that was originally requested, please do so and change
the status of the bug back to "Open".