Bug #20557 Error when Reverse engineering
Submitted: 20 Jun 2006 8:33 Modified: 30 Jun 2006 10:04
Reporter: Stefaan Lesage (Basic Quality Contributor) Email Updates:
Status: Duplicate Impact on me:
None 
Category:MySQL Workbench Preview Severity:S2 (Serious)
Version:1.0.6. Beta 1 OS:Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.4.6)
Assigned to: CPU Architecture:Any

[20 Jun 2006 8:33] Stefaan Lesage
Description:
I tried to reverse engineer an existing DB Model, and only selected a few tables from the model.  The Reverse Engineer process kept hanging at the finalization step when Placing objects on model.  I couldn't press finish, it just keeps hanging.  When I clicked on the Show More button the following message appeared in the Message Log :

Fetching schemata...
Schemata fetched.
Reverse engineering schema...Reverse engineering finished.
Finalizing...Function call error calling DbUtils.removeIgnoredObjectsFromCatalog: Error calling lua function DbUtils.removeIgnoredObjectsFromCatalog: ...QLGRT.framework/Versions/A/Resources/lua/DbUtils.lua:192: List index out of boundsRemoving schema test

How to repeat:
Hm, I don't know if this would work on any DB, but what I did was open a new model.  Pick reverse engineer.  Pick my DB, then select all except one table from the list of available tables and let it reverse engineer those.
[20 Jun 2006 8:35] Stefaan Lesage
Probably the same as 18778.  Used the search but nothing showed up.  But once I used the 'Show Similar' bug, I noticed one was already in the system.
[30 Jun 2006 10:04] Sveta Smirnova
>Probably the same as 18778.
So I mark this bug as duplicate.

Thank you for your interest in MySQL.