Bug #12431 mysqld-max.exe crashes when creating stored procedures
Submitted: 8 Aug 2005 12:07 Modified: 13 Aug 2005 7:39
Reporter: Brad Tyler Email Updates:
Status: Can't repeat Impact on me:
Category:MySQL Server Severity:S1 (Critical)
Version:5.0.10a-beta OS:Windows (Windows XP Pro)
Assigned to: CPU Architecture:Any

[8 Aug 2005 12:07] Brad Tyler
I just installed 5.0.10a-beta and I can no longer create stored procedures.  The previously installed version was 5.0.4 (and I was able to create stored procedures).  Now, whenever I attempt to create a stored procedure, mysqld-max.exe crashes (...The memory could not be "read").  Also, when I installed 5.0.10a-beta, my stored procedures disappeared.

How to repeat:
mysqld-max.exe consistantly crashes when attempting to create stored procedures, using both MySQL Query Browser and Administrator.
[9 Aug 2005 8:37] Vasily Kishkin
Could you please write here example store procedure which crashes mysql ?
[9 Aug 2005 10:04] Brad Tyler
Any stored procedure (even the most basic) I try to create will cause mysqld-max.exe to crash:


DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `in_out`.`GetStatus`$$
CREATE PROCEDURE `in_out`.`GetStatus` ()
  SELECT message_id, message
  from in_out.status;

[9 Aug 2005 20:31] Matej Baco
OS: Windows 2000
MySQL version: 5.0.10a-beta

I upgrade MySQL from 5.0.3 and now I can't create SP!


delimiter //
CREATE PROCEDURE simpletestprocedure ()

select 2;

delimiter ;

Dies with error 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query and error window pops-up:

mysqld-nt.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x0052da46" referenced memory at "0x70747365".
The memory could not be "read".
OK to terminate! :-(
[13 Aug 2005 7:39] Vasily Kishkin
Sorry...probably the bug was fixed. I was not able reproduce it on 5.0.11.
I tested on Windows 2003 and Linux SUSE 9.3.
[18 Aug 2005 19:39] Sebastien Lehoux
Got the same error. I finally did the following:

1) Uninstalled all MySQL related items (Server, Administrator and Query Browser)
2) Deleted what was left in the MySQL directory after the unistalled (You must have a backup of your databases and all Stored Procedures of course)
3) Reinstalled everything (I did a complete install for the Server)
4) Ran my database backup scripts in Adminsitrator
4) Ran my Stored Procedure Scripts in Query Browser

And voila! After all that it finally worked.

It's possible that the databases were corrupted and that deleting everything solved the problem.

It's possible also that Query Browser was to blame. Before I reinstalled version 1.1.13, when I looked in the about window it stated that version 1.1.13 was installed but I'm really not sure it was really the case. The version number might have been wrong and by reinstalling everything, I finally installed the real version 1.1.13 and it worked. 

So before reinstalling everything, you might want to try uninstalling Query Browser and installing the last version.
[19 Aug 2005 21:53] Brad Tyler
I ended up installing version 5.0.10 on another PC (also XP pro).  This was a clean install and I was able to create/modify etc. stored procedures.  I then tried to create a stored procedure on the PC I was having problems with (connecting remotely via the other PC) and I got the same error.  I even tried a trial version of Navicat and still got the same error.  I also tried upgrading to version 5.0.11, but still had the same problem.  I ended up doing  a complete uninstall and reinstalled 5.0.11 and now everything is working fine.